Pine provides three printing options for users with different computer systems.
To print a message:
- From either the Message Index screen or the Message Text screen, press % (Print).
You are asked to confirm your choice.
- Follow the instructions. Type Ctrl-G if you still need help.
If your message does not print, you need to learn about Pine's three options for printing.
Pine's Printing Options
Pine has three printing options, which are available under S (Setup), P (Printer) on Pine's Main Menu screen.
- Printing Using a Printer Attached to PC or Macintosh
By default, Pine assumes you have a desktop computer attached to a printer. If you do, you should be able to print messages using this method.
- Printing Using a Standard Unix Print Command
If you are using a Unix workstation, select this option as your printing method for Pine. Using this option may require setting your "PRINTER" or "LPDEST" environment variable using the standard Unix utilities.
- Printing Using a Personally Selected Print Command
See your local computer consultant if you need help.
Return to Pine help index