The Post Oak Barn was the first building constructed on the grounds, built around 1844 and originally used as a log cabin while the house was being built. William Faulkner used it to house his milk cow and lawn tools. The barn was completely dismantled in the early 1990's and put back together. The restoration team was able to reuse 97 percent of the original timbers.

View Photo