The Dining Room: The two French doors lead to a covered patio. They were added in 1935 to extend the living space of the dining area into the east yard. Faulkner would often type on the patio. The large painting was done by his mother, Maud Butler Falkner. The two doors on the left lead to a pantry and kitchen.